Leaf burning within the city limits of Taylorville is allowed ONLY on the following dates during the months of October, November and December 2012 and January, February and March 2013. Leaves, vegetation, weeds, grass clippings or tree limbs may be burned in the City of Taylorville from seven o’clock (7:00) AM until sunset on these dates:
- October 1st through October 7th
- October 15th through October 21st
- November 5th through November 11th
- November 19th through November 25th
- December 3rd through December 9th
- December 17th through December 23rd
- January 7th through January 13th
- January 21st through January 27th
- February 4th through February 10th
- February 18th through February 24th
- March 4th through March 10th
- March 18th through March 24th
The next open burn period is April 1st through September 30, 2013.
Residents within the city limits of Taylorville may dispose of leaves, grass clippings, weeds, small twigs, tree limbs and brush, shrub and bush clippings and small garden or flower plants by hauling them to the Street & Sewer Department located at 205 North Cherokee Street. Residents are responsible for removing yard waste from bags and taking bags with them after disposal.
The yard waste bin is open Monday through Saturday from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Commercial landscaper’s yard waste is not accepted.
It is illegal to burn on any City of Taylorville roadway, gutter or sidewalk.
It is illegal to dump or deposit or cause to be dumped or deposited any grass, leaves, branches or other things in the roadway or gutter of any public street in the City of Taylorville. This is includes mowing grass into the street.